Criminal Defense Attorney in Northern New Jersey
Being accused of committing a criminal offense is a stressful experience and whether you have been accused of a misdemeanor or a felony crime, the associated penalties can put an immense strain on an individual. From fines and surcharges to incarceration and the embarrassment of a criminal record, the consequences of a criminal offense will affect every area of your life. The Khorozian Law Group provides tenacious criminal defense to those facing criminal charges in Northern New Jersey.
Over the years we have represented individuals accused of criminal offenses, such as:
- Disorderly conduct
- Domestic violence
- Drug possession / distribution
- Municipal court orders
- Resisting /alluding arrest / hindering arrest
- Theft crimes, including burglary and robbery
Penalties for misdemeanors and felonies are commensurate with the degree of the crime. First-degree criminal offenses such as murder or rape carry the most damning consequences while a fourth-degree crime such as robbery is less punitive.
- First-degree crimes can carry a prison sentence ranging between 10 years to life depending on the offense as well as fines in excess of $175,000.00 and suspension of your drivers license.
- Second-degree felony carries a prison sentence of 5-10 years in addition to up to $150,000.00 in fines and loss of license.
- Third-degree crimes can carry a 3-5 year prison term and fines up to $15,000.00
- Fourth-degree crimes receive eighteen months in jail and up to $10,000.00 in fines.
The Khorozian Law Group has successfully defended hundreds of criminal cases throughout Northern New Jersey, resulting in the dismissal or downgrade of charges, saving their clients the financial and emotional hardship that comes with a criminal conviction. Certain criminal convictions, as well as the related arrest records, may be “expunged” or erased from a person’s criminal record upon application to the court after the passage of a set period of time. Our criminal defense lawyers can determine whether a prior conviction is eligible for this remedy. We can be trusted to work quickly to process the necessary court papers to obtain a clean criminal record for you.
Call our office today for a free consultation and let our experience defend your rights and freedom (201) 944-9200.